- Elon Musk apologizes for calling Thai cave rescue diver 'pedo guy' – CNET
“My words were spoken in anger,” Musk tweeted.
- Google hit with record $5 billion EU fine over Android antitrust practices – CNET
Big changes to Android could be on the way.
- The best Prime Day deals of 2018: The Cheapskate's picks – CNET
Amazon had zillions of items on sale. A few are still available!
- Silence in the deep: Inside the HMS Ocelot stealth submarine – CNET
The Ocelot is a British sub named after a rare species of wild feline. The cat photos from this tour are light on cute, heavy on cool military tech.
- Phones with facial recognition (roundup) – CNET
A look at the most popular phones that let you unlock the screen (and sometimes even pay for stuff) with your face.
- Google Assistant will now give you a snapshot of your day – CNET
In one consolidated overview, Assistant can pull together info like commute times and scheduled meetings so you can plan your day.
- Deep cat: A tour through the submarine HMS Ocelot – CNET
Launched from Chatham, England in 1962, Her Majesty’s Submarine Ocelot served for 29 years, and is now a museum ship. Here’s what it looks like inside.
- I spy Lego's James Bond Aston Martin DB5 with working ejector seat – CNET
No, Mister Bond, I expect you to build.
- Tech companies testify on censorship, Nest CEO steps down video – CNET
Today’s major tech stories include Google, Twitter and Facebook answering lawmakers’ questions about content filtering, Nest’s CEO stepping down after employee pressure and VR headset makers creating …
- Hands on with the Lego Aston Martin DB5 — and its ejector seat – CNET
Famous for its role in James Bond Goldfinger, the new Lego set comes complete with machine guns, bullet screen and working ejector seat.
- Google takes steps back into Chinese market with Wechat AI game – CNET
The company is getting people drawing on the country’s most popular messaging service.
- Giant Jeff Goldblum statue erected for Jurassic Park anniversary – CNET
Goldblum’s sexy shirtless torso meme is now a 25 ft statue in front of Tower Bridge in London.
- Asus ZenFone Max Pro is a budget wonder – CNET
The $250-ish budget phone from Asus sports midrange specs, a pretty good camera and runs stock Android.
- Five things you need to know about Subaru's 2019 Ascent SUV video – Roadshow
Subaru’s biggest ever SUV gives you more to love.
- 2019 Subaru Ascent review: Getting it right – Roadshow
Subaru’s second attempt at a three-row SUV is one of its most well-rounded mainstream offerings yet.
- China's state-owned Telecom company is now storing iCloud data – CNET
Chinese citizens aren’t excited about it.
- Drone saves missing 65-year-old climber in the Himalayas – CNET
Rick Allen had been missing for 36 hours, according to the BBC.
- The Rock cooks up $124M salary, highest ever for any actor – CNET
Whatever Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is cooking, it smells like money.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018, the final hours: The best deals still available – CNET
Prime Day ends in just a few hours. Here are the best deals still available.
- Best Amazon Prime Day 2018 phone deals: Galaxy Note 8 and LG V35 ThinQ are $300 off for just a few more hours – CNET
The last of the Prime Day phone deals will be ending soon.